ANN: psutil 0.7.0 released

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Fri Apr 12 11:33:54 EDT 2013

In article <mailman.525.1365778885.3114.python-list at python.org>,
 Giampaolo Rodolà <g.rodola at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi there folks,
> I'm pleased to announce the 0.7.0 release of psutil:
> http://code.google.com/p/psutil/

I see a lot of these types of announcements.  May I suggest that people
add a short description of what that package is.  From the name, I can't
tell is this is about process status, or PostScript, or what.

In this case, after clicking on the link, I see that "psutil is [...]
for retrieving information on all running processes and system
utilization".  Putting that one-liner up front in the announcement makes
it easier for people to know if it's worth exploring further.