Problems with sockets and threads

Wayne Werner wayne at waynewerner.com
Thu Apr 11 09:03:12 EDT 2013

On Thu, 11 Apr 2013, Dexter Deejay wrote:

> Yeah, that seems to be problem. Waiting for message is in theory infinite. But why doesn't this separate thread leave processor while it is sleeping?

As far as I've been able to tell? Magic ;)

But I haven't really dug into it. If you're really doing some waiting
stuff you might want to look into some other type of message passing
mechanism, e.g. launch a subprocess to do ths listening and then writing
to a file and checking that from within Tkinter. I expect there are other
possibilities that more advanced people may be able to recommend and are
probably better. But that seems like it would work.

HTH,
-W