Functional vs. Object oriented API

88888 Dihedral dihedral88888 at googlemail.com
Sat Apr 13 01:25:30 EDT 2013

David M Chess於 2013年4月12日星期五UTC+8下午11時37分28秒寫道:
> > Roy Smith <r... at panix.com>
>

> > As part of our initial interview screen, we give
> applicants some small
>
> > coding problems to do.  One of the things we see a lot is what
> you could
>
> > call "Java code smell".  This is our clue that the
> person is really a
>
> > Java hacker at heart who just dabbles in Python but isn't really fluent.

> > It's not just LongVerboseFunctionNamesInCamelCase().  Nor is
> it code
>
> > that looks like somebody bought the Gang of Four patterns book and
> is
>

> > that maybe there's a class struggling to be written.
>

> And I think equally to the point, even if you have
> only data, or only functions, right now, if the thing in question has that
> thing-like feel to it :) you will probably find yourself with both before
> you're done, so you might as well make it a class now...
>

> DC

If it is not time-critical and no needs to convert into
CYTHON then it does not matter too much.

But a well wrapped class structures with good documents can
help others to use the python codes a lot.

If the part is intended to be time-critical in the low level
part, then  avoiding seeking 4 levels of methods and properties
inside a loop is helpful in python programs to be executed
in the run time.