python-noob - which container is appropriate for later exporting into mySql + matplotlib ?

someone newsboost at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 09:30:06 EDT 2013

On 04/13/2013 01:39 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM, someone <newsboost at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I just had to google what ACID compliance means and accordingly to this:
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SQLite
>>
>> "SQLite is ACID-compliant and implements most of the SQL standard, using a
>> dynamically and weakly typed SQL syntax that does not guarantee the domain
>> integrity."
>>
>> So you seem to disagree with wikipedia?
>
> Disagreeing with Wikipedia doesn't mean much, but try this:
>
> http://www.sqlite.org/atomiccommit.html

Ok, thanks - I didn't read it all, but interesting.

> Note that there's a caveat: You have to tell SQLite to be ACID
> compliant, effectively.

So, you're saying to me that by default SQLite isn't ACID compliant, if
I begin to use it in my own small programs?

I don't know so much about it - maybe it's a matter of definition... If
I just google for the 3 words: "sqlite acid compliance" I get:

Hit no. 1 is wikipedia.
Hit no. 3 says: "SQLite is an ACID-compliant embedded relational
database management system"
Hit no. 4 says: "SQLite implements ACID-compliance by way of a
transaction journal"
Hit no. 5 says: "SQLite transactions are fully ACID-compliant, allowing
safe access from.."
Hit no. 6 says: "Techopedia explains SQLite. SQLite is atomicity,
consistency, isolation, durability (ACID) compliant."
Hit no. 7: "Tell me what you know about SQLite, the ACID-compliant
embedded relational"
Hit no. 9: "SQLite is superior to Jet for the major reason that SQLite
is ACID-compliant whereas Jet, unfortunately, isn't..."
Hit no. 10: "SQLite for Linux 3.6.17. An ACID-compliant relational
database management system"

I think maybe being it's a question of definitions, i.e. "well, Sqlite
is not fully ACID compliant" vs. all the google hits that just tells
that sqlite is "ACID compliant"...

Do I understand you correct, that by "You have to tell SQLite to be ACID
compliant, effectively", you're saying that by default SQLite isn't ACID
compliant ?

Next question: Is it something I should worry about in my own programs
(I'm not sure, I'm an SQL noob)... ?

Thanks.