python-noob - which container is appropriate for later exporting into mySql + matplotlib ?

Cousin Stanley cousinstanley at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 12:58:15 EDT 2013

someone wrote:

> As you can see, on my system I
> had to use:
>
>   print row[0] , row[1]
>
> instead of:
>
>   print row[ 'xtime' ] , row[ 'col4' ]
>
> I'm not sure exactly why

  The magic there is setting up the row_factory
  after the database connection ....

    dbc = DBM.connect( 'some.sql3' )

    dbc.row_factory = DBM.Row

> I don't really know what's the difference
> between sqlite3 and mysql...

  MySQL is used through a client/server system
  where the db server is always running
  and client processes submit requests to it
  in the form of sql statements ....

  SQLite is used as a stand-alone single process
  with no external server involved ....

  Both speak sql but there are some differences
  mostly in data base connection strings
  and data type declarations ....

  Basic sql selection is ....

    select these fields