pymysql KeyError

Chris Green chrisgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 10 12:13:42 EDT 2013

> Add a
>
> print(newrecord)
>
> before the
>
> dbcur.execute(...)
>
> line and tell us what it shows. I'm guessing that for one of the values in
> it you forgot to call a method written in C, e. g.

> <built-in method pop of list object at 0x7f86f70bc950>
> <class 'builtin_function_or_method'>
>
> instead of

> 42

Thank you Peter - that got me back on track.

Indeed, my date and time values were coded incorrectly. I read up properly on datetime to fix that, then ran straight into a pymysql bug. After swapping that out for MySQL Connector/Python everything instantly sprang to life. So a bit convoluted but I got there in the end!