Unicode issue with Python v3.3

nagia.retsina at gmail.com nagia.retsina at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 02:00:39 EDT 2013

Τη Τετάρτη, 10 Απριλίου 2013 12:10:13 π.μ. UTC+3, ο χρήστης Νίκος Γκρ33κ έγραψε:
> Hello, iam still trying to alter the code form python 2.6 => 3.3
>

> Everyrging its setup except that unicode error that you can see if you go to http://superhost.gr
>

> Can anyone help with this?
>
> I even tried to change print() with sys.stdout.buffer() but still i get the same unicode issue.
>

> I don't know what to try anymore.

root at nikos [/home/nikos/public_html/foo-py]# pwd
/home/nikos/public_html/foo-py
root at nikos [/home/nikos/public_html/foo-py]# cat foo.py
#!/bin/sh
exec 2>>/home/nikos/cgi.err.out
echo "$0 $*" >&2
id >&2
env | sort >&2
set -x
exec /full/path/to/foo-py ${1+"$@"}

root at nikos [/home/nikos/public_html/foo-py]# python3 foo.py
  File "foo.py", line 2
    exec 2>>/home/nikos/cgi.err.out
         ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
root at nikos [/home/nikos/public_html/foo-py]#

As far as thr tail -f of the error_log:

root at nikos [/home/nikos/public_html]# touch /var/log/httpd/error_log
root at nikos [/home/nikos/public_html]# tail -f /var/log/httpd/error_log

and its empty even when at the exact same time i run 'python3 metrites.py' from another interactive prompt when it supposed to give live feed of the error messages.

Cameron would it be too much to ask to provide you with root access to my VPS server so you can have a look there too?

i can pay you if you like if you wait a few days to gather some money.