[pyxl] Re: xlrd 0.9.2 released!

Ondrej Ján ondrejj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 15:37:30 EDT 2013

Hello,

  Fedora is an Linux distribution maintained by Red Hat.
(www.fedoraproject.org). EPEL are packages fro Red Hat Enterprise Linux
and CentOS Linux distribution. As an maintainer I am creating and updating
packages available for these distributions.

  If users have python-xlrd installed, package maintainer should release
only updates, which are API compatible with older versions.

  Both Fedora and CentOS has python>=2.6, python3 is available for Fedora
too (no plans to release python3-xlrd now).

  So can I release an update for all my Linux distributions with backward
compatibility of this package? xlrd-0.8 was requested for xlsx support.

  Are there some howtos describing upgrading applications using xlrd
to newer versions? These documents can help me to choose, if I can release
an update.

  Thank you

					SAL