retrieving data from a plot in python.

Debashish Saha silideba at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 13:33:15 EDT 2013

suppose I have t= [0,7,10,17,23,29,31] f_t= [4,3,11,19,12,9,17] and I have
plotted f_t vs t.

Now from this 7 data points plotting if I want to retrieve 100 data points
and save them in a text file. What do I have to do?

What I am asking is not a fitting of the plot. I know between two points
plot is linear.

What I am asking If I create a array like t=np.arange(0,31,.1) ,then what
is the corresponding array of f_t which agrees well with the previous
plot,i.e,for any t between t=0 to t=7, f_t will be determined by using a
straight line connecting (0,4) and (7,3) and so on.