Python pdb bug, followed by bug in bugs.python.org

donaldcallen at gmail.com donaldcallen at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 11:12:53 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:17:28 PM UTC-4, Ned Deily wrote:
> In article <a34e8251-85df-4486-b5a1-72eb2bb9f353 at googlegroups.com>,
>
>  donallen wrote:
>

> > I am I've developed an application in Python 3.3.1 (on an up-to-date 64-bit
>
> > Arch Linux system) and am attempting to use pdb to debug it. I am getting
>
> > incorrect stack traces. I've made up a little 10-line program that
>
> > illustrates the problem and I attempted to register on the bug-tracker site,
>
> > unsuccessfully, to file a bug report. I followed the link in the email and
>
> > got a "broken form" error message when I attempted to log in to the
>
> > bug-tracker. I then tried replying to the verification email, and got some
>
> > other form of brokenness in reply.
>

> I was just able to create a new user by through the link from the
>
> bugs.python.org web page and then clicking on the link in the confirming
>
> email (although it did take a couple of hours for the confirming email
>
> to arrive).   There is a meta tracker for problems with the Python
>
> issuer tracker itself:
>

> http://psf.upfronthosting.co.za/roundup/meta/
>

> but you do have to register for that tracker (a separate registration).
>
> If you are able to supply more details, we might be able to follow up on
>
> the registration problem.  And,  as someone else suggested, you could
>
> post the details of the pdb problem here.  Note, there are already a
>
> number of currently open issues with pdb reported on the bug tracker.
>
> If you haven't already, you could search for "pdb" and see if your
>
> problem has been reported.  Thanks for bringing the problem(s) up!

I just got registered successfully using a different username than I tried the other day. I haven't attempted to reproduce the problem I saw then, but I will and will report it if I can provide a proper description of the issue.

I just submitted a bug report on the pdb issue.

Thanks for the helpful reply.

/Don