Splitting of string at an interval

Arnaud Delobelle arnodel at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 11:10:59 EDT 2013

On 8 April 2013 14:21, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:

> For a while, I was rabidly(*) into TDD (Test Driven Development).  The
> cycle I was using was, "Write a specification of a behavior, write a
> (failing) test for that behavior, then write the least possible amount
> of code to make the test pass.  Lather, Rinse, Repeat, Ship"
>
> The "least possible" part is important.  It makes sure the cycles stay
> short (ideally, just a few minutes), and that you don't write any code
> for which you don't have tests.

The least amount of code is often also not the best in terms of time
or space complexity.  Does this mean you have to write tests for time
and space complexity as well?  That's interesting, but I don't know of
tools to help do that (time complexity seems easy enough, but space
complexity seems tougher to me).

--
Arnaud