can anyone help me in developing a simple webpage in jinja2

Cousin Stanley cousinstanley at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 15:29:24 EDT 2013

Satabdi Mukherjee wrote:

> i am a rookie in python and i am trying
> to develop a simple webpage using jinja2.
>
> can anyone please help me how to do that

  You might try using your jinja template
  with named tuples ....

# -------------------------------------------

from jinja2 import Template

from collections import namedtuple as NT

nt = NT( 'Navigation' , 'href  caption' )

n1 = nt( 'http://python.org' , 'python' )
n2 = nt( 'http://cython.org' , 'cython' )
n3 = nt( 'http://jython.org' , 'jython' )
n4 = nt( 'http://pypy.org/'  , 'pypy' )

nav = ( n1 , n2 , n3 , n4 )

tmpl = Template( '''\
<head>
    <title>My Webpage</title>
</head>
    <ul id="navigation">
    {% for url , caption  in navigation %}
    {% endfor %}
    </ul>

    <h1>My Webpage</h1>
    {{ a_variable }}
''' )

print tmpl.render(
    variable   = 'Navigation' ,  navigation = nav )

--
Stanley C. Kitching
Human Being