I hate you all

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Apr 9 22:00:46 EDT 2013

On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 10:31:44 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:50 AM, Walter Hurry <walterhurry at lavabit.com>
> wrote:
>> On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 09:28:26 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

>>> Walter is also assuming that Mark is a Windows user, which was never
>>> actually stated :)
>>
>> From Mark's reply to me:
>>         rv:17.0) Gecko/20130328 Thunderbird/17.0.5
>
> My headers say I use Windows, too, but I actually use Linux.

Actually, no they don't. They don't say anything about your OS, and there
is no User-Agent string.

Since Mark claims to have not seriously used Unix, that rules out Linux,
FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and modern Apple Mac. It's just barely possible that
he's still using VMS or Hurd, but really, by a process of elimination the
most likely answer is that he's using Windows.

--
Steven