I hate you all

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sat Apr 6 11:41:43 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-06, Neil Cerutti <neilc at norwich.edu> wrote:
> On 2013-04-06, Roy Smith <roy at panix.com> wrote:
>> (*) There was a fad about 10 or 15 years ago to print code
>> samples in books in proportional fonts.  Prentice-Hall seemed
>> to be particularly guilty of this.  Fortunately, common sense
>> prevailed and everybody has gone back to monotype.
>
> Bjarne Stroustrup likes it, and I agree with him that code is
> even easier to read that way, especially in hard-copy.

I'd have to disagree.  There are too many times when things are easier
to read/maintain by visually aligning columns:

 * struct/array initializers

 * constant definitions

 * parallel/identical operations on multiple different variables

 * vertical alignment of a parameter lists in multi-line function calls

--
Grant