Run python script with ./

Dylan Evans dylan at dje.me
Fri Apr 5 11:58:28 EDT 2013

On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 1:04 AM, LubanWorks <luban.works at gmail.com> wrote:

> My question is:
>
> Why  when I use #!/home/luban/Linux/Python/2.7.3/bin/python at the
> beginning of myscript.py, *./*myscript.py can work,
>
> but if I use the wrapper #!/home/luban/bin/python in my python script, use
> *./*  to run the script, it cannot not work?

Your shell will be trying to run your python script. The reason being that
when you do #!/bin/sh in the wrapper the shell tries to execute $0 which in
this case is the name of your python script.

> I had many scripts used #!/home/luban/bin/python when I only installed
> python  under #!/home/luban/ for Linux, they can run with ./, I don't want
> to change them,
>
> so, how to let ./ run the python script If I want to *KEEP* wrapper
> #!/home/luban/bin/python as the shebang line?

Probably easier to use a symlink, or just use #!python and adjust your
$PATH.

> Best Regards,
> Luban
>
> --

"The UNIX system has a command, nice ... in order to be nice to the other
users. Nobody ever uses it." - Andrew S. Tanenbaum