Make python 3.3 the default one and not 2.7

Wolfgang Maier wolfgang.maier at biologie.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Apr 3 05:43:43 EDT 2013

D. Xenakis <gouzounakis <at> hotmail.com> writes:

> Hi there, i installed python 2.7 (windows 32bit version) from
> http://www.enthought.com/products/epd_free.php and after that i installed
official  3.3 version
> too. So now i got two python folders like this.. c:/Python27 and c:/Python33 .
> My problem is that when im trying to execute a .py file, the 2.7 version
interpreter launces. In addition if i
> right click and select Edit with IDLE, again version 2.7 interpreter opens.
How can i make python 3.3 the
> default one, as i need this cause i have PyQt4 installed there and so it does
not work with 2.7 .
> Thx in advance.

Check out the post at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4664646/how-to-change-default-python-version-on-windows-xp
.
Especially the part about changing the registry. The Python.File entry mentioned
there also has the information about the IDLE version to use.
Best,
Wolfgang