Help installing latest PyQT

Sibylle Koczian nulla.epistola at web.de
Tue Apr 2 15:44:43 EDT 2013

Am 02.04.2013 18:10, schrieb David Robinow:
> On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 11:39 AM, D. Xenakis <gouzounakis at hotmail.com
> <mailto:gouzounakis at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     3)Downloaded and installed "PyQt4-4.10-gpl-Py3.3-Qt5.0.1-x64-2.exe"
>     from http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download ,
>     here: "C:\Python33" (It was the setup's default choice so i assumed
>     it was also the right one).
>
> Yes.
>

>     And thats it..
>
>     What should i do exactly now foks :)
>
> You should be done.Start an interactive python and enter:
>  >>>import PyQt4
>
> If there's no traceback you're good to go.

I'd try one thing more from that interactive python prompt:

from PyQt4 import QtCore
from PyQt4 import QtGui

Do you get tracebacks with this? (I do, that's why I ask.)

The examples that come with the installation usually do both imports in
one line, but for a first test this may be better: if you get an error,
you see a little more.

HTH
Sibylle