Python install Win 7 Problem

David Robinow drobinow at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:27:22 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:45 PM, Joe Hill <JH at nospamever.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 11:44:55 -0400, David Robinow <drobinow at gmail.com
>
> >Download the Windows executables.
> >
> >3.3.0 is the current version
>
> Is "numpy" an option that is needed (guess for math?)?

No, it's not needed to run Python. It can be useful. I only mentioned it
because you did.

> Assuming 3.3 the current version - what are the "Download the Windows
> executables." files?  and in which order must they be installed?

The 32 bit version is at
http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.3.0/python-3.3.0.msi
The 64 bit version is at
 http://www.python.org/ftp/python/3.3.0/python-3.3.0.amd64.msi

Install one or the other. That's it. If you want to install numpy, do it
after you install python.
 [The suggestion to install the Activestate version is reasonable. I've
never used it. Please use a search engine if you decide to look for it.]