python mock Requests and the response

usmani.kashif9957 at gmail.com usmani.kashif9957 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 21:13:20 EDT 2013

I am a beginner to using mock in python and trying to use http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/mock.

Please tell me the basic calls to get me working in below scenario. I am using python's Requests module (http://docs.python-requests.org/en/latest/) .

In my views.py, I have a function that makes variety of requests.get() calls with different response each time

    def myview(request):
      res1 = requests.get('aurl')
      res2 = request.get('burl')
      res3 = request.get('curl')

In my test class I want to do something like this but cannot figure out exact method calls

Step 1:

    //Mock the requests module
    //when mockedRequests.get('aurl') is called then return 'a response'
    //when mockedRequests.get('burl') is called then return 'b response'
    //when mockedRequests.get('curl') is called then return 'C response'

Step 2:

Call my view

Step 3:

verify response contains 'a response', 'b response' , 'c response'

Please help me to complete Step 1.