Performance of int/long in Python 3

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 02:22:26 EDT 2013

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Neil Hodgson <nhodgson at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> rusi wrote:
>    "Every program attempts to expand until it can read mail. Those programs
> which cannot so expand are replaced by ones which can."

In my personal experience, it's calculators. I put command-line
calculators into *everything*... often in the form of more general
executors, and thus restricted to admins, but it's still a calculator.

For some reason, the ability to type "calc 1+2" and get back 3 is very
satisfying to me. You know, in case I ever forget what one plus two
makes.

ChrisA