Performance of int/long in Python 3

rusi rustompmody at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 13:08:50 EDT 2013

On Apr 2, 8:12 pm, jmfauth <wxjmfa... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorrry I never claimed this, I'm just seeing on how Python is becoming
> less Unicode friendly.

jmf: I suggest you try to use less emotionally loaded and more precise
language if you want people to pay heed to your technical observations/
contributions.
In particular, while you say unicode, your examples always (as far as
I remember) refer to BMP.
Also words like 'friendly' are so emotionally charged that people stop
being friendly :-)

So may I suggest that you rephrase your complaint as
"I am seeing python is becoming poorly performant on BMP-chars at the
expense of correct support for the whole (6.0?) charset"

(assuming thats what you want to say)

In any case PLEASE note that 'performant' and 'correct' are different
for most practical purposes.
If you dont respect this semantics, people are unlikely to pay heed to
your complaints.