Performance of int/long in Python 3

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 2 05:43:48 EDT 2013

On 02/04/2013 10:24, jmfauth wrote:
> On 2 avr, 10:35, Steven D'Aprano <steve
> +comp.lang.pyt... at pearwood.info> wrote:
>> On Tue, 02 Apr 2013 19:03:17 +1100, Chris Angelico wrote:
>>
>> So what? Who cares if it takes 0.00002 second to insert a character
>> instead of 0.00001 second? That's still a hundred times faster than you
>> can type.
>>
> ---------
>
> This not the problem. The interesting point is that they
> are good and "less good" Unicode implementations.
>
> jmf

The interesting point is that the Python 3.3 unicode implementation is
correct, that of most other languages is buggy.  Or have I fallen victim
to the vicious propaganda of the various Pythonistas who frequent this list?

--
If you're using GoogleCrap™ please read this
http://wiki.python.org/moin/GoogleGroupsPython.

Mark Lawrence