Can't import modules

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Sep 30 22:15:07 EDT 2012

On Sun, 30 Sep 2012 18:35:50 -0700, Peter Farrell wrote:

> Since I use Python 3.2.3 I've had trouble with programs and modules
> designed for Python 2 and many programs don't work on my 64-bit system.

While Python tries very hard to be backward compatible, the transition
from the 2.x series to the 3.x series was intentionally allowed to break
backward compatibility in certain areas.

If VPython only supports 2.x, you should ask the vendors to support at
least 3.3 or better, preferably the full 3.x series. In the meantime, you
may have to stick to the 2.x series.

> I was hoping it was a common error that newbies encounter.

Trying to run Python 2.x code in 3.x? Yes, that's common. Trying to run
VPython? Not so much.

Good luck!

--
Steven