Missing library path (WIndows)

Kwpolska kwpolska at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 04:01:26 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 4:39 AM, FPEFPE <fpesposito at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello -- I am running python from an application, starting it with a call to the python31.dll
>
> I think I am missing something in my path -- any help would be appreciated -- thanks

Nope, you are not.

> File "C:\Python32\Lib\encodings\cp437.py", line 19, in encode
>
> return codecs.charmap_encode(input,self.errors,encoding_map)[0]
>
> UnicodeEncodeError: 'charmap' codec can't encode characters in position 2-18: character maps to
> --

Python has problems with encoding the arguments to look properly with
the crappy Windows cmd.exe encodings. They cannot be encoded for some
reason.  You may need magic, but I’m not quite sure what in Py3k
(bytestrings?)

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post