what is the difference between st_ctime and st_mtime one is the time of last change and the other is the time of last modification, but i can not understand what is the difference between 'change' and 'modification'.

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 11:07:15 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 11:12 PM, 陈伟 <chenwei.address at gmail.com> wrote:

> --

In future, can you put the body of your message into the body please? :)

ctime is creation time, not change time. mtime is modification time,
as you have. But I can understand where the confusion comes from;
Google tells me there've been documentation bugs involving this very
thing (and Google, being extremely Lawful Neutral, would have happily
told you the same thing if you'd asked).

ChrisA