Python source code easy to hack?

sturla at molden.no sturla at molden.no
Fri Sep 28 10:18:36 EDT 2012

kl. 13:57:14 UTC+2 fredag 28. september 2012 skrev Jayden følgende:
> Dear All, I have a concern in developing commercial code with Python. Someone told me that its program can be easily hacked to get its source code. Is it really the case? Any way to protect your source code? Thanks a lot! Jayden

Python bytecode is not easier to hack than Java or .NET bytecodes. You don't have to distribute your source code. Dropbox and BitTorrent are written in Python. I don't think "hacking the source" is a major problem. You also have the option of compiling parts of the source code to native C DLLs using Cython. If you are very paranoid about protecting your sources, perhaps you shouldn't distribute it at all, but provide a web application?

Sturla