Article on the future of Python

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 16:16:14 EDT 2012

On 27/09/2012 20:09, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
> This flexible string representation is wrong by design.

Please state who agrees with this and why.

> Expecting to divide "Unicode" in chunks and to gain something
> is an illusion.

Please provide the benchmarks to support your claim.

> It has been created by a computer scientist who thinks "bytes"
> when on that field one has to think "bytes" and usage of the
> characters at the same time.

Please name this computer scientist so everybody knows to whom you are
referring.

> The latin-1 chunk illustrates this wonderfully.

I understand from an earlier post that latin-9 meets your needs
completely for all French language characters plus the Euro sign, why
don't you simply use that and stop rabitting on about latin-1.

> jmf

Would you please be so kind as to stand up as your voice is rather muffled.

--
Cheers.

Mark Lawrence.