Article on the future of Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Thu Sep 27 09:59:17 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-27, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Steven D'Aprano <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:
>
>> Given how Perl has slipped in the last decade or so, that would be a step
>> backwards for Python :-P
>
> LAMP usually means PHP these days. There's a lot of that around.

Yea, unfortunately.  What a mess of a language.  I recently had to
learn enough PHP to make some changes to a web site we had done by an
outside contractor.  PHP feels like it was designed by taking a
half-dozen other languages, chopping them into bits and then pulling
random features/syntax/semantics at random from the various different
piles.  Those bits where then stuck together with duct tape and bubble
gum and called PHP...

As one of the contractors who wrote some of the PHP said: "PHP is like
the worst parts of shell, Perl, and Java all combined into one
language!"

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Did something bad
                                  at               happen or am I in a