Article on the future of Python

Alex Strickland sscc at mweb.co.za
Thu Sep 27 06:43:44 EDT 2012

Hi

>> Sorry guys, I'm "only" able to see this (with the Python versions an end
>> user can download):
>
> [snip timeit results]
>
> While you have been all doom and gloom and negativity that Python has
> "destroyed" Unicode,

I thought that jmf's concerns were solely concerned with the selection
of latin1 as the 1 byte set. My impression was that if some set of
characters was chosen that included all characters commonly used in
French then all would be well with the world.

But now I'm confused because latin1 seems to cater for French quite well:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO/IEC_8859-1

--
Regards
Alex