Article on the future of Python

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Wed Sep 26 19:24:11 EDT 2012

On 9/26/2012 8:19 AM, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:

> You are always selling the same argument.

Because you keep repeating the same insane argument against 3.3.

> Py3.3 is the only computer language I'm aware of which
> is maltreating Unicode in such a way.

You have it backwards. 3.3 fixes maltreatment of unicode, such as also
exists in other languages. re will also run better with 3.3. You have
not shown any new bugs. Many other languages do not handle extended
plane characters properly.

> After all, if replacing a Nabla operator in a string take
> 10 times more times in Py33 than in Python32, it takes 10
> times more . There is nothing more to say.

On the contrary, there is lots more to say. You have picked out the one
thing that 3.3 does not do as well and ignored all the things 3.3 does
better. I and others have already explained many of them. Included is
that fact that 3.3 does one operation 10, 100, 1000,... times faster
than 3.2.

--
Terry Jan Reedy