Article on the future of Python

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:19:07 EDT 2012

Le mercredi 26 septembre 2012 10:13:58 UTC+2, Terry Reedy a écrit :
> On 9/26/2012 2:35 AM, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Py 3.3 succeeded to somehow kill unicode and it has
>
> > been transformed into an "American" product for
>
> > "American" users.
>

> Python 3.3 is the first version that handles the full unicode character
>
> set correctly on all platforms. If anything, it will make unicode more
>
> alive and Python better suited for international applications.
>

> --
>
> Terry Jan Reedy

Remember the TeX discussion a few days ago?

You are always selling the same argument.
Py3.3 is the only computer language I'm aware of which
is maltreating Unicode in such a way.

After all, if replacing a Nabla operator in a string take
10 times more times in Py33 than in Python32, it takes 10
times more . There is nothing more to say.

I proposed to make some tests with the characters
used by the IMPRIMERIE NATINALE", I can now suggest
to make some tests with random texts exceprt form
the "Guide du typographe romand".

What? Never heard from these? Do not worry too
much. The corporates (software producers) and
the foundries know these documents.

Finally, all in all, it's no a suprise, end users
are sticking with these products.

I'm not complaining, only disappointed.

jmf
(Time to go back to TeX)