Article on the future of Python

wxjmfauth at gmail.com wxjmfauth at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 08:17:56 EDT 2012

Le mercredi 26 septembre 2012 10:35:04 UTC+2, Mark Lawrence a écrit :
> On 26/09/2012 07:35, wxjmfauth at gmail.com wrote:
>

> > Py 3.3 succeeded to somehow kill unicode and it has
>
> > been transformed into an "American" product for
>
> > "American" users.
>
> > jmf
>

> Why do you keep repeating this rubbish when you've already been shot to
>
> pieces?  Don't you know when it's time to make sure that you're safely
>
> strapped in and reach for and use the release button for the ejector
>
> seat.  Further for somebody who is apparently up in the high tech world,
>
> why are you using a gmail account and hence sending garbage in more ways
>
> than one to mailing lists like this?
>

> --
>
> Cheers.
>

> Mark Lawrence.

At least when the others are sending a msg containing
non asii characters. I see them correctly.

When you send such a text, I'm only able to see
something like this (your_string):

>>> import fourbiunicode
>>> for c in your_string:
...     fourbiunicode.FrenchNames[c]
'LETTRE MINUSCULE LATINE TRÉMA'
"POINT D'INTERROGATION RENVERSÉ"
'FRACTION UN DEMI'

You have all the elements to reconstruct what is
happening. (Notice, I'm not a Unicode illiterate)

jmf