Looking for pointers/suggestion - how to make a webbrowser with these restriction?

Anthony Kong anthony.hw.kong at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 04:23:02 EDT 2012

Hi, all,

It is kind of a MacGyver question. I am just looking for some general suggestions/pointer.

First let me first describe the development environment I am in: it is a locked down WinXP PC with limited development tools and libraries. At my disposal I have python 2.6 , webkit 5.33 dll, wx 2.8 and probably a V8 dll. No visual studio or any C/C++ compiler. Do not have admin right.

So given these existing ingredients, is it possible to build a rudimentary web browser using python as a glue language?  What will be the main challenge/bottleneck in this sort of project? In particular how can I hook up V8 and Webkit?

I have some working experience with Win32 APIs, so you may throw some low level stuff at me if needed. :-)

Cheers