Article on the future of Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 02:02:39 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> On Wed, 26 Sep 2012 14:10:28 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:
>
>> The flip side to node.js is pyjs.
>
> After the ham-fisted, nasty way pyjamas project was hijacked this year,
> I'm not entirely sure I'd want to touch it with a fifty-foot pole.
>
> http://technogems.blogspot.com.au/2012/05/pyjamas-hijacked.html
>
> Any pajamas users here want to comment on the fallout? Is the project
> alive, dead, or walking dead?

That is true, but the concept is still around - that you can write
your code in some other language and compile to js. Personally, I'd
rather just write my js directly, and use Python to write Python code,
but I'm sufficiently multilingual to be able to do that. If you know
only 1-2 languages, there's (short-term) benefit in using them for
more tasks.

ChrisA