Article on the future of Python

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Tue Sep 25 13:27:03 EDT 2012

Kevin Walzer <kw at codebykevin.com> writes:
> language, but it's another thing entirely to call Python the One
> Language to Rule Them All. (That's C, because all other languages are
> implemented in it. :-) )

I got into a discussion about that in another newsgroup and noticed that
C seems to have been a 20th-century language that is still used for
maintaining old programs and in the embedded niche, but that very few
languages or compilers seem to have been newly implemented in C in the
current century.  The main counterexample I was able to find was LuaJIT.