Who's laughing at my responses, and who's not?

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Tue Sep 25 03:50:16 EDT 2012

On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:43:18 -0400, Dwight Hutto wrote:

> It sounds pretentious, but over the past several days, I've been slammed
> on every post almost.

That's a gross exaggeration.

Over the last few days you have gotten slammed because you mildly broke
etiquette and then, instead of accepting the minor criticism and moving
on, you got into an argument about it, and made what seemed like a
racially motivated joke. Even if it were completely innocent, it didn't
*seem* innocent.

And then you make rude comments about people, sexist comments about there
being "ladies present" (my wife can turn the air blue, and sometimes she
embarrasses me), and you recently accused others of being sock-puppets
without a shred of evidence.

Dwight, or David if you prefer, sometimes you make useful comments and
you can be a welcome, useful member of the Python community, but other
times you display an incoherent, rambling, aggressive style that
indicates that you are posting while high or drunk.

For your own sake, I suggest you stay off the Internet (including email
and usenet) unless sober.

--
Steven