PIL questions: still supported? Problems on 2.7 for win? alternatives?

Alex Clark aclark at aclark.net
Mon Sep 24 21:46:14 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-24 23:38:05 +0000, alex23 said:

> On Sep 25, 6:04 am, Gelonida N <gelon... at gmail.com> wrote:
>> This all does not sound very comforting. Why is there no fix on the
>> official site?
>
> Has a bug been logged about the issue?
>
> The Plone community keeps a fairly up-to-date fork called Pillow,
> we've had a lot of success using that locally:
>
> http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Pillow/

Actually, I started it for the Plone community, but have recently
broadened the scope (since most of the contributions came from outside
Plone). It now lives here:

- https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow

If you have any trouble using it, please open a ticket here:

- https://github.com/python-imaging/Pillow/issues

Alex

--
Alex Clark · http://pythonpackages.com