For Counter Variable

alex23 wuwei23 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 19:58:50 EDT 2012

On Sep 25, 9:49 am, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhu... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Rolling> your own version of an existing function from scratch is _not_ the
> > "professional" approach.
>
> Yes it is, if you don't know the builtin, and everyone has memory flaws.

Let me break this down for you in simple terms.

Code represents experience. Code that is considered important enough
to be in the standard library or as a built-in is something that
encapsulates a _lot_ of experience over time. You in your naive
approach to re-implement will _never capture that experience_. You'll
miss the edge cases that were already addressed. You'll over- or under-
extend the metaphor in ways the original doesn't.

And the first thing any experienced programmer would do when they
encountered your code is _refactor it to use the built-in_.

> Dude, you know jack shit, so go shovel this bullshit somewhere else,
> where people aren't intelligent enough to read the rest of my posts
> CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com

Is the animated GIF on your website under 60MB yet?