keeping information about players around

Jean-Michel Pichavant jeanmichel at sequans.com
Mon Sep 24 11:47:43 EDT 2012

----- Original Message -----
> >Pickle everything, use sqllite for your database. When you get
> >things
> working, then you can start measuring your performances and think
> >about
> clever implementation
> That was a bunch of information; sorry about that. what do you mean
> by
> using sqlite for the database? Currently I just drop everything into
> files. Is there a better way to do that?
> Thanks for your advice.

Please keep the discussion on list.

If you have a basic knowledge of databases, sure you could use a sqlite database to store you persistent objects. That's pretty reasonable.
Not to mention a lot of stuff can interface with that database. If you want to build a web app to manage the player database, you can, most of the frameworks handles sqlite. Actually if you don't need a web app, a lot of sqlite admin app already exists.

Note that the database is suitable only for the data. For serializing a python object with its code, you need pickle.

JM