Seome kind of unblocking input

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 01:14:16 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:50 AM, Dennis Lee Bieber
<wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2012 18:13:57 +0100, Mark Lawrence
> <breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk> declaimed the following in
> gmane.comp.python.general:
>
>> On 23/09/2012 16:49, Ramchandra Apte wrote:
>
>> > You can clear the buffer by calling file.flush()
>> >

>> Shock, horror, probe, well I never did.  I'm sure that everyone is
>> updating their Xmas and birthday card lists to ensure that you're not
>> missed out having furnished a piece of information that doubtless not
>> one other person on this group knew.
>
>         It probably wouldn't have helped either... The OP was looking for,
> as I recall, some means by which a pending input would not block other
> output on a console... So what use is flushing a buffer?

It all depends on *why* pending input appears to be blocking other
output. I say "appears to be" because buffered output can indeed
appear to be blocked, but so can other things.

Flushing output is an easy thing to try. If it fails, back to square
one, but with more knowledge.

ChrisA