Pass numeric arrays from C extensions to Python

JBT jianbao.tao at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 21:39:42 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am looking for a way to pass numeric arrays, such as *float a[100]; double b[200];*, from C extension codes to python. The use case of this problem is that you have data stored in a particular format, NASA common data format (CDF) in my case, and there exists an official C library to read/create/edit such data, and you want to do data analysis in python. The problem comes down to how to feed the data into python.

I did some googling, but so far no luck. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much.

Cheers,
JBT