List Problem

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Sun Sep 23 18:37:19 EDT 2012

On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 08:27:28 +1000, Chris Angelico wrote:

> C simply doesn't let you move
> arrays around, only pointers to them, so semantics are actually pretty
> similar to high level languages, only in a completely different way.

I once dated a girl who looked exactly like Scarlett Johannsen only
completely different.

Pascal let's you pass arrays around either by value (which copies them,
and may be expensive) or by reference (which doesn't), neither of which
is what Python (or Java, Ruby, etc.) do. Passing pointers by value is not
the same as Python object semantics.

--
Steven