Fastest web framework

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sun Sep 23 10:02:28 EDT 2012

In article <mailman.1110.1348392023.27098.python-list at python.org>,
 Andriy Kornatskyy <andriy.kornatskyy at live.com> wrote:

> I have run recently a benchmark of a trivial 'hello world' application for
> various python web frameworks (bottle, django, flask, pyramid, web.py,
> wheezy.web) hosted in uWSGI/cpython2.7 and gunicorn/pypy1.9... you might find
> it interesting:
>
> http://mindref.blogspot.com/2012/09/python-fastest-web-framework.html
>
> Comments or suggestions are welcome.

That's a nice comparison, thanks for posting it.

One thing that's worth pointing out, however, is that in a real world
application, as long as you're using something halfway decent, the speed
of the framework is probably not going to matter at all.  It's much more
likely that database throughput will be the dominating factor.