One of my joomla webpages has been hacked. Please help.

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 01:18:17 EDT 2012

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:56 AM, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 2:48 PM, Dwight Hutto <dwightdhutto at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Steven D'Aprano
>> <steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info> wrote:

>>> This is not a Joomla forum. We do not know how to run code in Joomla.
>>
>> If they know Joomla(PHP, CSS, HTML, JAVASCRIPT, templates), then they
>> should know something about python, unlike Steven  D'Aprano, who only
>> knows Python, and in other posts, not that well to be a self
>> proclaimed expert.
>
> Steven's point is not that we, human beings (or parahuman beings, as
> the case may be), do not know how to run code in Joomla; I've worked
> with it, and know something about it, and my day job involves some PHP
> programming, so there's a reasonable chance that I could help him.

Then a referral, is what he needs, and what you need is to tell others
you're a cross languaged programmer.

(If
> I cared to. I don't have very much sympathy for security holes in old

SYmpathy, how about empathy, to show your designs can have bugs, which
is why they have version.

> versions of big frameworks.)

Then refer him to the joomla security hole mailing list

Or extend your skills, help him, then refer him

> But this is not the forum for it. We, the collective intelligence of
> python-list and comp.lang.python, are not experts on PHP, Joomla, etc,

We're the borg. We have google to help, or another mailing list with data.

> etc, etc. The fact that, in theory, you could make Joomla use Python
> is insignificant. I could write a Python script that fetches content
> from a Joomla web site, but that doesn't make Joomla questions
> appropriate here.

It does if the page he's using uses Python execution of code.

--
Best Regards,
David Hutto