Blue Screen Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 10:10:09 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:07 PM, Steven D'Aprano
> As per their partnership agreement, IBM took over development of OS/2
> version 2 while Microsoft worked on developing version 3. OS/2 2.0 was
> significantly improved over the 1.x series.
>
> Then Microsoft reneged on the agreement to release OS/2 version 3, and
> instead re-badged it as Windows NT. One might say there was a little bit
> of bad blood over this, especially as IBM had good reason to think that
> Microsoft had been spending IBM's money on NT.

And ever since then, Microsoft's been doing its best to kill OS/2 off.
By the look of the database server sitting next to me, and the clients
scattered throughout the building, it seems they have yet to
succeed...

OS/2 and Linux interoperate quite happily, too. Standards FTW.

ChrisA