One of my joomla webpages has been hacked. Please help.

Dwight Hutto dwightdhutto at gmail.com
Sat Sep 22 04:59:07 EDT 2012

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Νίκος Γκρεεκ <nikos.gr33k at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> One webpage of mine, http://www.varsa.gr/ has been *hacked* 15 mins ago.

The others are right, this is a joomla question, unless you're
allowing execution of code by members and they utilize python.

My questions:
Only one? From my experience of joomla, you can allow your posters to
execute code within their postings by utilizing certain plugins.

It seems odd that only one page was hacked, or that they let you know,
and didn't try db access.

But it seems you're site had a hosting backup, but make sure to
subscribe to the joomla update and security list, plus change the
passwords.

> I logged into CPanel but the joomla files seem ok.

Did you have a backup of the file structure, and a zipped db backup,
then check for new security flaws/change passwords/etc?

> but when i view page code with chrome i get the source code, i dont knwo of which file thaty contains javascript inside.
>
> Please visit my web page varsa.gr and view the source code and maybe you can tell me what has happened.
>
> I would be gratefull for any help you provide me.
>
> I know this is not a python question but you guyshave high knowledge of web sites programming and i though you wouldnt mind helping me out.

Yeah, programming, but joomla is html, php, css, and javascript, but I
don't remember much python there.

Best Regards,
David Hutto
CEO: http://www.hitwebdevelopment.com