technologies synergistic with Python

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 22:10:21 EDT 2012

On Sat, Sep 22, 2012 at 11:48 AM, Steven D'Aprano
> Integration with Java frameworks and applications?
>
> Java :-P

<voice imitate="Maxwell Smart">I asked you not to tell me that!</voice>

JavaScript/ECMAScript/etc-script isn't that bad a language. It's
workable. And thanks to it, my boss now understands pass-by-object
semantics, which is a Good Thing. But good or bad, you can't do much
web programming without it. Of course, you can do a lot of Python
without writing for the web.

Expand out in any direction at all, really. Anything'll make you more
employable. Systems administration and basic management, as Steven
mentioned; I'd expand on that to general networking. Know how to
diagnose basic issues with getting information off the web (interface
down, routing problems, DNS issues, etc), because some day, you'll be
on your own without any access to Google and have to solve the problem
unassisted :)

http://xkcd.com/903/

ChrisA