technologies synergistic with Python

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Fri Sep 21 19:00:51 EDT 2012

On 09/21/12 17:33, Rodrick Brown wrote:
>> What is the consensus... okay, okay -- what are some wide
>> ranging opinions on technologies that I should know if my dream
>> job is one that consists mostly of Python, and might allow
>> telecommuting?
>
> Django, JavaScript, HTML 5, JQuery, , SQL, Redis, Twisted

The only thing I might tweak in Rodrick's list is to broaden entries
like  "Django" to "a web framework such as Django, Pyramid, web.py,
or ..."  and "Redis" to "a NoSQL database such as Redis, CouchDB, ..."

The others are pretty solid, even if I dislike JavaScript/ECMAScript
as a language, jQuery makes it tolerable, it's the lingua-franca of
the web.

-tkc