How to apply the user's HTML environment in a Python programme?

David Smith davids at invtools.com
Fri Sep 21 11:28:07 EDT 2012

On 2012-09-21 08:57, BobAalsma wrote:
> This text can be behind a username/password, but for several reasons, I don't want to know those.
>
> So I would like to set up a situation where the user logs in (if/when appropriate), points out the URL to my programme and my programme would then be able to read that particular text.
I do this from a bat file that I will later translate to Python.
I tell my work wiki which file I want. I use chrome, so for every new
session I'm asked for my credentials. However, that is all transparent
to my bat file.

For that matter, when I download a new build from part of another bat
file, I use Firefox and never see the credential exchange.

I wouldn't expect any different behavior using Python.