using text file to get ip address from hostname

Dan Katorza dkatorza at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 03:41:36 EDT 2012

בתאריך יום ראשון, 16 בספטמבר 2012 01:43:31 UTC+3, מאת Dan Katorza:
> בתאריך יום רביעי, 12 בספטמבר 2012 17:24:50 UTC+3, מאת Dan Katorza:
>
> > hello ,
>

> > i'm new to Python and i searched the web and could not find an answer for my issue.
>

> > i need to get an ip address from list of hostnames which are in a textfile.
>

> > this is what i have so far

> > #!/usr/bin/env python
>

> > #Get the IP Address
>

> > import socket
>

> > hostname = 'need it to read from a text file'
>

> > addr = socket.gethostbyname(hostname)
>

> > print 'The address of ', hostname, 'is', addr

> > any idea ?
>

> > sorry for my english
>

> > thanks.
>

> Hi Hans,
>
> thank you very much for the tips.
>
> as i mentioned before I'm new to python and I'm trying to learn it step by step.
>
> thank you for showing me other ways, i will explore them.

Hello again,
I have another question and i hope you will understand me..
Is there any option where you can set the program to go back to lets say the top of the code?
I mean if the program finished the operation and i want to stay in the program and go back ro the start.
after any operation i want the option to do it again , go back to the main menu or full exit from the program, and i want it every time.

i hope i'm clear :)